Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Flashback: Bird on a Branch

Salutations and greetings, welcome to this week's edition of the Friday Flashback!  Today's retired stamp set of choice is the elegant Bird on a Branch.  So let's see what I've got:


I sent this one to my mom a couple years ago (duh, it's a Mother's Day card!).  It was a combo SCS color/sketch card and dang I still miss that swirly floral paper I used in the background.  So that was today's short little flashback, and here's the new project:


More pages for Karyn's baby books!  I figured I could get away with doing these layouts ever-so-slightly girly since Mother's Day is the big day in May.  Well, that and Memorial Day, but I go all stars-and-stripes for July.  Actually this layout was kind of a surprise to me; when I went through all my DSP just to refresh my memory as to what all I have, I found that feather paper and thought hey, I can work with that.  Karyn likes to do things like putter around the garden so I went with a very green color combo here because it seemed to "fit" her personality:  Garden Green, Certainly Celery in the DSP, Tempting Turquoise, and Crisp Cantaloupe which I'm surprised I like so much :)

Thanks for joining me for today's Friday Flashback, have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies, scrapbook layout only:
Stamps:  Bird on a Branch, Fine Feathers
Ink:  Soft Suede, Crisp Cantaloupe, Tempting Turquoise
Paper:  Garden Green, Tempting Turquoise, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White, Flock Together DSP
Accessories:  old Sizzix alphabet

No comments: