Monday, June 24, 2013

Birthday Roses

I survived the baby shower on Saturday!  I think it went really well.  I've got some crafty projects from the shower that I'll share over the next few weeks, but for today I've got a freshly made card with a beautiful stamp set I just got, Stippled Blossoms!


I decided I needed another current 2-step flower stamp set, so I got this in my first new catalog order (because who doesn't need more flower stamps?).  And isn't that Venetian Romance paper just fantastic?!  It looks even better IRL than it does in the catalog, and I thought it looked great in the catalog.

Anyway, this card is based on the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches:


Ok, so I tweaked the sketch just a smidge by adding a layer and scooching the flag over a bit since my sentiment was so long.  But I was pretty close to the sketch I think :)

The colors are from Dynamic Duos:


I think this would have been really pretty with the leaves done in green, but I was a good girl and stuck to the challenge colors plus neutrals.

Gotta run; I need to leave for the gym in 10 minutes.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Stippled Blossoms, Perfectly Penned
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Paper:  Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Venetian Romance DSP
Accessories:  scallop border punch, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Tanya said...

Its really gorgeous with just the two colors. :) Did you sponge the whole vanilla panel?

Cindy Hall said...

Everything about this card is beautiful, especially the big, colorful flowers! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Michelle said...

Christy, this card is beautiful! I think the leaves are even more effective in brown, and the colours give the card a lovely old-fashioned feel (in a very good way). :-) Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Paula Knall said...

I love Stippled Blossoms and this card is stunning! - I will apologise now that the card I made for the challenge will be on my blog tomorrow... with the same image! Great minds think alike. Apart from the flower it's totally different! xxxx

Susie W. said...

Your card is so pretty! I agree with Michelle...the brown really does lend the card a vintage look.
I'm so glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos this week!

Janet's Joy said...

What a lovely stamped image!! Beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Gorgeous! I love that stamp set and you've used it beautifully! Thanks for sharing with us at Dynamic Duos!