Monday, June 10, 2013

Blushing Friend

I keep saying I don't much care for Blushing Bride, but then I see color challenges that make it look pretty good and that makes me just a little bit grumpy 'cause I don't really want to like Blushing Bride but on today's card I do:


I had no real intention of doing this week's Dynamic Duos challenge but then I saw the challenge on Still Addinktive to use Summer Silhouettes and I still hadn't done a card for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge and then this card kinda just happened.  What's really surprising (besides the Blushing Bride thing) is that this card capped off a pretty long stamping session as I worked on baby books, and usually after a couple hours I'm feeling kind of drained creatively speaking, so yay me.  (And also, I'm really close to finishing up those baby books and the shower isn't for another 12 days, so double yay me!)

Here's the Dynamic Duos graphic:


And the sketch too:

Ok seriously, when I sat down I had all the best intentions of actually doing the little flaggy bits on the bottom of the main image but then I remembered I had that Finishing Touches Edgelit and it just kinda happened.  And also I have no baker's twine that matches the challenge colors so I went with some classy Very Vanilla taffeta instead (and seriously, taffeta is my favorite ribbon...they should make it in every color ever invented, I'm just sayin').

Thanks for stopping by today and have a stellar week!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Blessings from Heaven, Summer Silhouettes
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Finishing Touches Edgelits, Very Vanilla taffeta, pearl, Dimensional

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay you, indeed! Gorgeous card, and Blushing Bride does sparkle with your touch! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Allisa said...

Great card, congrats on finishing the baby books! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Hall said...

This is such a pretty card. I love the colors and the details. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda said...

Beautiful card.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love Blushing Bride and so glad it 'came back' and so pleased that you inked up Summer Silhouettes especially for our challenge. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.

Lori Turner said...

Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week - your card is gorgeous!!

Lori - Dynamic Duos DT

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Congratulations! You won a Top Spot at still addINKtive this week.