Thursday, August 7, 2014

Beth's Wedding Ceremony

Seems like I've done a lot of wedding pages for my scrapbooks this year!  And today I've got another one to share.


This was my dear friend Beth's wedding in Corpus Christi in 2004.  I've had that sand dollar accent since pretty much as soon as I had the photos printed out!  I kept the layout very, very simple to keep the focus on the photos...the bonus part of that is that it didn't take me very long to finish it once I'd decided to just lay out the photos in a strip.  I made a little boo-boo on the journaling but for now I'm not going to rewrite it.  If it still bothers me in a few months, I can always redo it later.

Thanks for stopping by.  Cheers!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Lovely Letters Alphabet
Ink:  Island Indigo, Basic Gray
Paper:  Soft Sky, Island Indigo, Whisper White, retired Pear Pizzazz DSP
Accessories:  sand dollar accent from who knows where, it's been sitting in a page protector with these photos for 10 years

3 comments:

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous! Love the clean lines and soft colors!!

CCsMom said...

And the light blue with the tan -- looks like a beach at water's edge. It was such a fun evening in a beautiful place. I enjoyed that trip immensely. Remember it was SNOWING in Dallas when we flew out? CRAZY weather. But it was a fun, fun girls' trip and we had a good time.

CCsMom said...

http://www.traditioninaction.org/religious/f024_SandDollar.htm

I didn't know if you'd ever heard "the legend of the sand dollar", but it fits right in with the church wedding. Very nice!!! I used to pick up sand dollars on Pismo Beach in California, so I've known about it since I was young (and YOU know that was a long time ago)!