Thursday, August 14, 2014

Chamonix

I think I might melt in this summer heat, Alabama is a lot warmer than England!  So today's layout is helping me think cool thoughts.  First of all though, check out the color palette!


I know I've talked about it before, but I made myself a book with cardstock swatches of every single SU! color (including the retired ones), and when I work on a new scrapbook layout, I like to pull out the pictures and lay out some color swatches until I get a combination I like.  So up above is the color palette for today's scrapbook pages, and here's the finished product:


Whee!  I like it.  I saw someone else's scrapbook page with pink as the main color for a snowy layout, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  I've never been overly fond of Blushing Bride, but it's growing on me.  I did like how it looked with the "cool" colors of Tempting Turquoise, Pear Pizzazz, and Smoky Slate.


Close-up of my title and some white snowflakes.  I could have left that spot plain, and I do like white space, but it felt trapped there in the center of the layout so I did the snowflakes.  I have a tendency sometimes to fill every available bit of space with *something* to look at.


And there's one of the snowflake medallions, which covers up if my photos don't meet exactly straight right there ; )  Maybe I'm a little OCD, but the layout did need a few accents so that accomplished two objectives at once.

Thanks for stopping by, and think cool thoughts!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lovely Letters Alphabet, Mixed Medley
Ink:  Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Smoky Slate marker
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Eastern Elegance DSP
Accessories:  Artisan Label punch, 1 1/4" scalloped circle punch

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I can see you are "thinking" your way to cool weather!!! Ha! I do love the layout and the cardstock that looks like snowflakes. Very good job!