So instead, I bring you these pictures from a month or two ago when I set out to organize my cards.
Yep, I've got a lot of cards, for almost every occasion imaginable (or no occasion at all). You know those photo storage boxes they sell at the big craft stores? I have a jillion of those (can't help it, every time I see them on sale more of them come home with me!) so I put them to use. I divvied up my cards by general themes and then separated them into boxes. Here were some of my themes:
- Thank you
- Thinking of you and Friendship
- Christmas and winter
- Fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving
- Love and anniversaries (includes Valentines)
- Miscellaneous holidays (Mother's Day, Father's Day, 4th of July, etc.)
- Kids and babies
- Happy (I had lots of cards that say Happy Everything or even just happy, so I went with it)
- Blank cards that could be used for any occasion
Be still my heart, how I love organization! I wrote what kind of card was in each box on the little tab that goes on the front of the box. The four all-white boxes on the bottom shelf are actually full of photos and so are two of the boxes on the shelf above that, but the rest are all cards. Yeah, some of them may only have two or three cards in them, but at least now if I need a card for a specific occasion I don't have to wade through fifty random cards before I find a birthday card.
I'm off to lay down for a bit. I was going to do the grocery shopping this afternoon, but we might just be ordering pizza for dinner instead...