Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday Flashback: Paint Prints

Happy Friday, peeps!  This week's Friday Flashback stamp set is the awesome Paint Prints, which was a Sale-a-Bration set back in 2005 when it was still Sell-a-Bration.  Are ya ready?

Also features All Holidays
All the stamps in Paint Prints are kinda watercolor/distressed looking.  I think I got a little carried away with this card, it's kinda busy.
Also features Happy Everything
And here is incontrovertible proof that you can take two stamp sets you really like and still make a hella ugly card.

Also features Lovely Letters Alphabet

Ah, a unicorn chaser in the form of some scrapbook pages.  The Paint Prints flowers are stamped all over the page base around the photo blocks; click on the pic to see it bigger.  And marvel at my photographic skillz in taking pictures of all those lotus blossoms.


Here's another super old baby book layout.

Also features A Greeting for All Reasons
And a very old card, but I still kinda like this one.


Here's some kinda manly colors, and you can see the block and the "delight" stamp also in the set.

Also features All-Year Cheer
 Bopping right along...

Also features Sincere Salutations
I like the colors on this one but I think they're almost all retired.

Also features Whimsical Alphabet, Amazing to Zany, Paisley
 I like the rounded corners on the main image panel, I should do that again and update this card.

Non-SU sentiment

My great-grandmother used to tell me to drink orange juice because "it will put sunshine in your day" and this card makes me think of her.  So that's the end of the Flashback, here's the new card on the block:


Haha, block, and it's a colorblock card.  That wasn't particularly on purpose but it amused me when I thought about it for a second.  Anyway, this card's layout is courtesy of Freshly Made Sketches, gotta love a good colorblock.


And the colors are courtesy of me, because I wanted to use Elegant Eggplant, Pink Pirouette, Pale Plum, and Pistachio Pudding.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.


And there's the inside of the card.

Well folks, that's it for me this week.  I'm off to go do some more crafting.  Cheers!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Paint Prints
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Pink Pirouette, Pale Plum, Whisper White
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Pink Pirouette, Pistachio Pudding, Pale Plum, Whisper White
Accessories:  white baker's twine, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I LOVED that set! :) Looks like you did too! I like your new card too!

Jan Clothier said...

Love the clean design and fresh colours in your card!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! Fabulous creations and creativity! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!