Saturday, February 3, 2018

Adventure Awaits

Surprise Saturday post!  I've been working really hard on the China scrapbooks and I'm now just SIX pages away from being completely done with them!  And today I had to share this one from the start of the book.


We had a bit of adventure right from the start, when Bennet forgot his leave paperwork and the airport personnel in Okinawa almost didn't let him on the flight, and then when we got to Hong Kong for our connecting flight he got stopped for having a fever.  Managed to talk his way onto the plane to Shanghai by saying it was his cap that made him read like he was hotter than he really was.  And that was just the start of our China adventure!  Oh, see the dragon stamp?  That is the FIRST stamp I remember ever using on a scrapbook page, from back when I was in college!  So it was kind of the start of my stamping adventure, sort of.

So I think this layout fits with the Global Design Project theme.

As Anne Shirley would say, there's a lot of "scope for imagination" in that theme.


Today's color palette:  Barely Banana (real blast from the past there!  It's very similar to So Saffron but it's a clearer color where SS is kind of muddy), Poppy Parade (I think I've used this on like four layouts in a row), Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, and Basic Black.

Have a great weekend, y'all.  We're starting to pull pictures off the walls and get things prepped for the movers that get here on Wednesday!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rough Type, non-SU dragon
Ink:  Poppy Parade, Basic Black
Paper:  Barely Banana, Bermuda Bay, Poppy Parade, Myths & Magic DSP
Accessories:  lettering template

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Wow, I had no idea there was such a thing as a fever detector -- ANYWHERE, let alone an airport. How interesting. Well, I do know that the flu seems to be prolific over in the Far East, so maybe that's why they have those things.