Thursday, February 1, 2018

Showers of Happiness

Hey y'all!  So hubs got the Mac back yesterday and spent quite a bit of time getting it set back up...and this morning found that it had done a restart on its own overnight.  So it's going back to the Apple store and I'm still on the laptop and I just discovered if you have the fingers on one hand one key to the left of where they're supposed to be then you can't type in English :)

But I made a pretty card yesterday to share today!


Okay I know the Myths & Magic suite is far and away my favorite in the Occasions catalog...didn't use any of the stamps this time, but I did use the patterned paper and washi tape!  (Lookit me using washi tape!)  And I busted out Weather Together, which I got a long time ago and haven't used nearly as much as I thought I would.

I used the Fab Friday sketch:


I'm just under the wire to enter this over there!  And this fits in with the Global Design Project theme too:


I think this could be used as a baby shower card OR a bridal shower card.  Either way, that's a new beginning.  And finally, check out the Color Throwdown:


I used Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Daffodil Delight, and Pool Party.  I had actually intended to use Melon Mambo, but I was kinda on autopilot and didn't think about it until I had already cut the Berry Burst scalloped circle and stamped the sentiment, so I just decided to go with it at that point.  I did the umbrella twice though...the first time I colored it with markers, and it just seemed to harsh, so I restamped it and watercolored instead, then just glued the new piece on top of the markered one.  I'm driving my computer crazy, it doesn't think that things like "restamped", "watercolored", and "markered" are words.  I laugh in the face of wavy red lines under my words!

That's it for me today, y'all.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Weather Together, Moon Baby
Ink:  Basic Black, Pool Party, Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Pool Party, Berry Burst, Thick Whisper White, Myths & Magic DSP
Accessories:  Umbrella Weather Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Mini Dimensionals, Myths & Magic washi tape

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

You are right -- appropriate for EITHER baby or bridal shower. Very nice and I like that you said, "New beginnings." That sounds so sweet!

All ready to go to the reveal tonight -- have an outfit for EITHER boy or girl and one from Logan that says, "Super Big Brother." So cute. Can't wait to hear what it's going to be.

Have a wonderful day and we'll see you NEXT WEEK!!!

Heather said...

OK, super good job using washi tape! Lol, I'm the same way, which is crazy when we had this cool stuff to play with, too. This is such a sweet card - love that cloud sheet, and the coloring on the umbrella - perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Super cute! Love that little bit of sparkle! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!