Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Coastal Rooster

Mornin' y'all!  I was SO TIRED yesterday because Ryan woke up at 4:30 in the morning hollering for Daddy (who did NOT wake up), and I spent over an hour and a half in his room trying to get him to go back to sleep.  So I was a zombie all day yesterday but when he went down for a nap, I resisted the urge to nap as well and I made this instead.


The rooster and the sentiment are both from the Sale-a-Bration stamp set Home to Roost, and believe it or not the cardstock and ink are both Coastal Cabana.  For some reason my CC ink seems to have a greener cast to it than the cardstock.  I wanted a monochromatic card today for the Paper Players challenge:


As I said, I used Coastal Cabana for my color.  I made the background with a sponge brayer, and then I stamped the rooster in Coastal Cabana ink on Coastal Cabana cardstock, and I stamped it three times to make the impression a bit darker.  Good way to get a variation in shade by using just one ink color.

I'm also entering this at the As You See It Challenge:


When I think of simple, I think of CAS--lots of white space (or blue, in this case), minimal layers and embellishments.  Which is not to say that CAS cards don't take just as long (or longer!) to make than non-CAS cards.

And once again, the current SUO Challenge is to use Sale-a-Bration or Occasions Catalog stuff!


I think it's funny that three of us used the Piece of Cake bundle, but we each used a different cake from the set.  I didn't look to see what anyone else made before I did my card, so that was pure coincidence!

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Home to Roost
Ink:  Coastal Cabana
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Coastal Cabana
Accessories:  Tailored Tag punch, Dimensionals, adhesive sequins

5 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Love it, Christy! I think it is a perfect Clean and Simple card, created in one of my favorite colors! The three sequins add just the right touch of bling. Thank you for sharing at The Paper Players!

Jan Clothier said...

Coastal Cabana - how could it not turn out well?! :-) Nice use of that DSP too. Thanks for joining us again at As You See It.

Su Mohr said...

Your rooster card is so pretty, Christy! He fits perfectly in your banner, and the color is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

My Coastal Cabana sometimes looks green too, but I love how this turned out no matter what! Great way to incorporate both challenges! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players challenge as well as the AYSI challenge this week!

Heather Cooper said...

That Home to Roost rooster is just cocky enough to take the focus all on himself with no problem. I like the ombre look to your background! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It this week.