Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Poppy Petals

Mornin' y'all!  How are you today?


I have enjoyed playing with the Art Gallery stamp set lately.  It was the first stamp set I thought when I saw the Just Add Ink color challenge:


I love it when Shaded Spruce shows up in color challenges :)  For the flower, I used a sponge to apply ink to the stamp for the first layer so it would stamp lighter, and then for the darker layer I inked it up with the ink pad normal-normal.  Easy way to get multiple strengths with one ink pad!  It doesn't work with the super pale colors though, the bottom layer just wouldn't show up in that case.  I paired the color challenge with the sketch from As You See It:


The strip across the bottom reminds me of the last card I made with this stamp set, but as Cogsworth would say, if it's not Baroque, don't fix it!  I had die cut the rectangle for a different card and then ended up not using it, so it was already sitting on my craft table and seemed perfect for this sketch.

Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Art Gallery
Ink:  Poppy Parade, Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Petal Pink, Thick Basic White, Fine Art Floral DSP
Accessories:  Nature's Thoughts dies, Floral Gallery dies, Dimensionals, retired adhesive sequins

6 comments:

KimB said...

I love your balance of colours here Christy, especially the bold pop of the flower and how so much subtle detail is added with the die cut details.Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Jan Clothier said...

Your lovely card reminds me that I need to get this set out again and play more with it. I think this is a super way to use this sketch. The wonky stitched die adds such sweet interest without taking away from the main image. Thank you for joining in with us at As You See It Challenge.

Cup&Ink said...

Congrats on your Honorable mention for the color challenge! 🌺

Heather Cooper said...

Christy, this was a perfect stamp set to use with those colours! They allow that flower to meet it's full potential! And I love the paper you chose to go with it! Thanks for using our sketch for your layout for As You See It Challenges.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is beautiful Christy! I love the DSP frame and wonky stitch detail and the beautiful floral centrepiece. Thanks for playing with us over at As You See It this week!

LeAnne said...

I agree, those colors work perfectly with that big bold flower, and your background is perfect too! Thanks for playing with our sketch this week at As You See It!