Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Snowman Celebration

Hey y'all, happy hump day :)  Uh, I just realize I'm pretty sure I do not have a camel stamp so sometime in 2022 I need to fix that, haha!  Anyway, I baked about a zillion cookies on Monday and then yesterday I worked a half day and spent the other half in my craft room, which was lovely.  It's been so long since I got to spend much time in there (I made yesterday's hedgehog card probably a couple of months ago) that for a while I just had to look around everywhere in confusion before my brain kicked in and I got to creating.  Anyone else have that happen?

Anywha, I did eventually make a card to share today.


Remember the Peaceful Prints DSP that was in the fall Sale-a-Bration catalog?  This is the first time I've cut into any of it and I am loving this pattern with the plaid and the snowflakes.  Also I loved the idea of a red backdrop for my celebrating snowman :)  I played around with the layout a bit before deciding to go super-simple and low-key reminiscent of a snow globe.  Appropriate for the image, no?

I'll be entering this at Global Design Project:


Just so happens that the SUO Challenges theme is *also* celebrations, so that's fun :)  I'm also entering this at Cupcake Inspirations:


Thanks, Cupcake Inspiration, for giving me an excuse to ink up Snowman Season, I really enjoyed the creative process on this card.  Here's hoping I get a bit more time in my craft room this afternoon :)

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Snowman Season, Sweet as a Peach
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Coastal Cabana, Stampin' Blends in Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Gray Granite, Just Jade
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Thick Basic White, Peaceful Prints DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes dies, Rectangles Stitched dies, Potted Succulents dies, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Tanya said...

This is adorable! I love the blue and red together! So fun!

Nora Noll said...

I am LOVING that red paper. It looks fabulous with all the aqua you have on this. Such a cute snowman!! Thank you for playing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
CIC

Quillish said...

What an adorable snowman card ! Love the bright red and the mix of plaid and snowflakes and softness of aqua. Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations with this cutie. Wish you a very happy 2022, love ~ Ishani.