Friday, January 7, 2022

Wildflower Birthday Wishes

Hey y'all, happy Friday!  I can happily say that I had a productive day in my craft room yesterday :) First week of the new year and I've finished two scrapbook layouts already, and I made several cards too.  Sometimes when I have a day off I feel like I waste the time doing nothing productive, so this year I'm going to try to stay focused on what I want to get done on my days off.  So far, so good, and I have a card to share today.


My birthday is in January so I couldn't resist making another birthday card for the Inspire. Create challenge:


The birthday greeting is from the brand new Wildlife Wonder stamp set and I can't WAIT to make some cards with the animals in the set.  (The bear!!!)  Kinda laughing at myself because the stamp set has a very masculine feel and what do I make with it first?  Something feminine and PINK.  Ha!

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

I hope the challenge gods will forgive me for turning this sketch into a landscape card.  I tried, but everything was much too squished in portrait mode.  I specifically wanted to used DSP for the square/rectangle elements on the sketch and I sorted through my giant stack o' DSP until I came to Sweet Symmetry and thought it would work with the sketch.

Hope you have fun weekend plans!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Wildlife Wonder
Ink:  Night of Navy
Paper:  Bumblebee, Just Jade, Flirty Flamingo, Sweet Symmetry DSP
Accessories:  Rectangles Stitched dies, Stitched Shapes dies, In Color Enamel Dot

1 comment:

Amy O said...

I love this pretty dsp and mix of colors! This is a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!