Thursday, August 11, 2022

Fungi Fusion

Hey y'all!  Man, I'm tired this afternoon.  My delightful friend Sarah flew in on Monday and we ran all over the place with my other delightful friend Krissy for two and a half days, and I got up early to take Sarah back to the airport this morning.  I had a fabulous time, but I'm pooped!  Still, I did make a card today in an effort to stave off taking a nap...because if I nap now I know I won't sleep tonight.


Actually I started this card last week and didn't finish it until today.  I haven't used embossing folders in *years* and I don't think I had the right sandwich to do a hybrid embossing folder with my trusty ol' Big Shot; I thought for sure I was going to break it trying to crank it through.  And now the embossing folder is warped and I'm not likely to try using it again anytime soon : p  I should look up what I did wrong though.  Anyway, I was frustrated by that last week, which is why I just finished this.  I made this for the Fusion challenge:


When I gave up, I pretty much only had the tree ring and woodgrain strip cut out of patterned paper, so I decided I'd go with the colors from the Sunday Stamps challenge:


I used Poppy Parade, Blushing Bride (I think?  I'm tired so I guess it could be Petal Pink?), Soft Suede, and Early Espresso, so I just skipped the mustard color and the one right under it in the palette.

Okay, I've got about a half hour before I have to go pick up my kiddo.  Maybe there's time for that nap after all....cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Ringed with Nature
Ink:  Poppy Parade, Stampin' Blends in Poppy Parade & Ivory
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Thick Basic White, Rings of Love DSP, Early Espresso DSP
Accessories:  Tree Rings Hybrid Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

7 comments:

Heather said...

Simple and perfect - this so sings against that color! You might actually need a different plate for your folder - it always takes me a minute to remember to switch back and forth, but I still love my Big Shot, too, lol. Get some rest! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Stef Perry said...

Hi Christy! Love those cute mushrooms and the colors you used work just fine. I've run into the same issue with embossing folders with different thicknesses. What worked for me was one plate, the ef, then scrap cardstock shims, the number of which I needed depended on the ef used. Good luck and trust me, you absolutely do not want to force it through your Big Shot, it's an expensive experiment if you get it wrong (ask me how I know lol!). Good luck!

Stef Perry said...

Oh and I forgot to thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

dj said...

A lovely CAS card on our sketch challenge!! And you used the "shroom" element...perfection!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sunday Stamps!!

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful use of the sketch - gotta love those 'shrooms. even tho you had an adventure with the embossing folder - this turned out great! Thanks for playing over at Fusion.

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cute! love the colors! Glad you shared it at Fusion!

Erin said...

Cute card and perfect for our color challenge at Sunday stamps this week! The struggle with embossing folders is real. Just when I think I've got it down, I'll get a thicker or thinner folder. Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps!