Saturday, September 24, 2022

Leafy Thoughts

Back with another super quick card for today!  Check it out:


Stampin' Up! didn't come out with a leaf-centric stamp set this year (unless you count Soft Seedlings, I suppose, and it's got just one big leaf in it) so I got out last year's Gorgeous Leaves to play with again.  I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


Though I admit it's a bit of a looser interpretation.  The woodgrain stamps are the larger rectangle and I'm counting the sentiment as the smaller rectangle; both of those elements are stamped directly on the card base and I just popped the leaves up on top.

I used this week's color challenge from CAS Colours & Sketches:




Which is why I tried to CAS-ify the sketch a bit by cutting down on the layers.  The larger leaf was inked up with Calypso Coral and then a bit of Merry Merlot around the edges; I promise I did use all the challenge colors : )

And don't forget this also fits with this week's theme challenge at the Paper Players:


And that's all she wrote today!  Have a good one, peeps.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Gorgeous Leaves, Nature's Prints
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Merry Merlot, Calypso Coral, Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Thick Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Intricate Leaves dies, Dimensionals, Rustic Metallic Dots

5 comments:

_chevron2 said...

This is a beautiful card!

_chevron2 said...

And, you seem like a nice pirate😀love your pic too!

Lisa Petrella said...

I love your take on the sketch! Those leaves are gorgeous and the woodgrain is the perfect backdrop for them!!!

Cécile RIBON said...

Lovely use of both the colors and the sketch! I love this CAS design ! Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S and FMS this week.

Michal said...

So beautiful and elegant!! Great use of the colors and the sketch. Thank you for joining us this week at CC&S!