Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday Flashback: Madison Avenue

Happy Friday and welcome to this week's slightly late Friday Flashback!  My mom emailed me and asked why I didn't have a card up earlier today...well, I just didn't get around to getting my craft room back in order from all the craziness of the past couple of weeks until today.  And since it's been a couple of weeks since I spent much time in my craft room, I got off to a slow start.  Got there eventually though so here's today's Flashback!  Our randomly-chosen retired stamp set for today is Madison Avenue, one of last year's Sale-a-Bration options.


I like free stamps, but unless the stamp set is really, really, REALLY cool, I don't seem to use the SAB stamps very much.  Looks like I'm not the only one, either--the Splitcoast gallery for this set is pretty small.  Oh well, here's my new card:


Thought it might be fun to combine last year's SAB stamps with this year's SAB paper (plus the Sweet Sorbet colors were this week's Splitcoast color challenge).  I'm so rusty on stamping that I had a hard time getting my flowers stamped straight even *with* the Stamp-a-ma-jig, so I actually cut out the flower heads and popped them up over the stems where I wanted them.  The center parts are still kinda crooked but I sort of hid that part with some Candy Dots :)

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope your weekend is bloomin' marvelous!  We're hoping to go see the new Captain America, so yay!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Madison Avenue, Bloomin' Marvelous
Ink:  Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Summer Starfruit, StazOn Black
Paper:  Pool Party, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White, Sweet Sorbet DSP
Accessories:  Oval & Scalloped Oval punches, Dimensionals, Subtles Candy Dots

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

That's hilarious -- I was just cross stitching a flower with multiple leaves like this. Too funny. LOVE the colors!

CCsMom said...

Oh, and we think we'll go see "Noah" this weekend.