Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday Flashback: Triple Treat Flower

Happy Friday, peeps!  Welcome back to the Friday Flashback.  Today's featured stamp set is actually one single stamp, the Triple Treat Flower.  So let's look back in the archives...

Also features All Holidays

 Oh, okay.  That's it for the archives.  Well then, on to today's new card!


I like the colors.  I used the ColourQ color challenge (colour challenge) and decided to use Island Indigo as the main color and just pops of the other colors.  And I decided to use the Get Well sentiment from Express Yourself because I don't have a big stash of Get Well cards.  I have lots of Thinking of You which also works for that, but we like variety.  Anyway, here's the ColourQ challenge graphic:


I also used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


Those collage-type layouts aren't really in my comfort zone, so I appreciate this challenge making me stretch a bit and I do like how the card came out.

It wasn't all sunshine and roses working on it though.  Have you ever opened up a red ink pad and seen the dreaded gold sheen?  I don't know what causes it but I opened up my Raspberry Ripple ink pad and there it was.  Well, Raspberry Ripple is retired, and as I had no fear and nothing to lose, I took the ink pad up to the sink and rinsed it out, hoping to get all the gold sheen off.


Note to self:  do not rinse out ink pads in a white porcelain sink.  It looked like a crime scene cleanup.  Luckily it came off with some Clorox wipes.  After I rinsed it out and squished it on a lot of paper towels, I set about inking it back up with an ink refill.


That little bugger was hard to squeeze, this is what the ink pad looked like when I was almost done.  And then I tried inking up my stamp.  And I think maybe I didn't get enough of the water out of the ink pad before I started with the ink refill.  I'm going to have to think about how I might possibly salvage this ink pad...might have to go rinse it out again and let it dry really good before inking it up again.  Only I won't use the white sink to do that ;)  I ended up using a marker to color in the stamp, which turned out much lighter and less saturated than the ink pad would have but at least it worked.

Anyway.  It's time for me to get off the computer and go tackle something else.  Though I might check all my red ink pads for the dreaded gold sheen...

Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Triple Treat Flower, Express Yourself
Ink:  Island Indigo, Cajun Craze, Raspberry Ripple
Paper:  Island Indigo, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Island Indigo DSP
Accessories:  two retired flower punches, 1/2" circle punch, hexagon punch, rhinestone, Circles Framelits, Secret Garden Framelits

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....you are so brave! I don't think I would have ever thought to do all the you did to save an ink pad, can't wait to hear what you do next and crossed my fingers for you that it works. Your card is fabulous and well worth all the time you spent trying to use this ink. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the fresh look you gave the triple flower! And you are a brave girl messing with that ink! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Great card! Love the flower you made! Such deep, rich colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tanya said...

hahaha... The card is very pretty! And I love your story! :)

CCsMom said...

I just wonder what your HANDS looked like afterwards.

Beautiful cards, Kik.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful CAS card, Christy, love your design! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.