Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday Flashback: Listen with the Heart

Happy Friday, y'all.  And happy three-day weekend if you get one of those :)  This week's Friday Flashback is a very short one, because the archives are empty for this particular stamp set.  So let's take a look at my one and only brand new creation with Listen With the Heart:


This was a hostess set from the 2004-2005 catalog, so at least it was free?  Not that there's anything wrong with it.  I did use both the stamps in the set for my card, but I was convinced I was going to hate this card pretty much up until I glued everything together and now I think hey, it ain't so bad.  That's due in large part to the Pocket Sketch Challenge sketch:


Of course, I had to modify because the sentiment was so wide, and my main image panel ended up going all the way across my card.  I used the long-retired distressing tool just to give it a bit more interest, so after that it looked like it had snowed on my lap.  Oh well, I was going to vacuum in there anyway...

Have a great weekend, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Listen With the Heart
Ink:  Pool Party, Primrose Petals
Paper:  Primrose Petals, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Gold Foil, More Amore DSP
Accessories:  Triple Flower Punch (retired), Subtles Candy Dots, distressing tool

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

I guess "distressing" kind of came and went like a fad. Ha! But this card looks good.

Hope you feel good enough to have a nice weekend and can get out of the house some. I know it is going to be really cold, though. If this weekend here is like it is today, it will be FABULOUS. Yes, I think you need to seriously consider moving back to Texas when the time comes. Love you!

Julie Davison said...

I love it! It's perfect! I like how you made the blocks bigger to go across the entire card. I was just thinking the same proportions could be used across the top of a vertical card too. Now you've got me thinking! Thank you for participating in my Pocket Sketch Challenge this week!!