Thursday, February 25, 2016

Lovely Amazing Butterfly

Happy Thursday, y'all!  I'm sitting here snarfing down some scrambled eggs and trying to mentally psych myself up for my appointment at the gym today...a personal trainer is going to give me a workout and I haven't worked out in MONTHS.  Oy.  I'll be hurting tomorrow, but hopefully I'll still be able to walk. o.O

Anyway, I have a quick little card to share today.


I still like Pink Pirouette better than Blushing Bride, but Blushing Bride is errywhere right now so what can ya do.  The sequins are something new and different for me, I snagged them out of this month's Paper Pumpkin kit which is SO adorable I really need to actually put it together.  Anyway, for this card, I started out with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Global Design Project CASE the Designer challenge:


I kept the butterfly and Crumb Cake card base, and chose a sentiment in a scripty font, but I used the color palette from the Color Throwdown:


Cute and springy.  I used the aforementioned Crumb Cake as well as Mint Macaron and of course Blushing Bride.  And just a smidge of Basic Gray for the butterfly's body.

Well, guess I'd better get my workout duds on.  Wish me luck...cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Watercolor Wings, Lovely Amazing You
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Basic Gray
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron, Thick Whisper White, Birthday Bouquet DSP
Accessories:  Chalk Talk Framelits, Butterflies Thinlits, sequins from Paper Pumpkin kit, Dimensionals

10 comments:

CCsMom said...

Good luck to YOU!!! Wow, you have more gumption than I do, that's for sure.

Great card -- love the colors. And it DOES look springy!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous card! I love the clean feel to your card and the gold embossed sentiment is a great addition. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Wanda Cullen said...

A lovely CAS design! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so pretty. I love the colors of the butterfly! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kylie Bertucci said...

Wonderful Christy. Hope your PT session went well. :-) Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! Look forward to seeing you play along with us again.

Jess said...

Glad you smashed this card out before you couldn't use your arms to craft or blog anymore Christy! Thanks so much for joining in with this week's challenge - we love seeing your entries each week!

Patti said...

Great card! so clean and sweet. I really like that color combo too!

Patti

Barbara said...

Lovely amazing CAS design! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown Challenge this week! Hope to see you again next time!

Brian King said...

Beautiful card! This paper was MADE for this butterfly. Great pairing. Thanks you so much for playing along with this week’s CASE the Designer Challenge at Global Design Project – I’m glad you did.

Stampin' Dolce said...

Butterflies make me happy! Thank-you for playing along with the Global Design Project - again! we love having you!