Thursday, December 8, 2016

Happy Christmas

Hey kids, I was Not Feeling It yesterday but happily today I am back in my craft room for some fun.  Here's a quick card I made this morning:


It doesn't show up so great in the photo, but the hearts are punched out of glimmer paper.  I thought I had a scrap of gold glimmer but after I got them on the card I think it's more the champagne color.  Looks better IRL.  Anyway, I started with the Global Design Project color challenge:


Easy peasy since those are the colors in the Candy Cane Lane DSP!  I paired it with the Mojo Monday sketch:


I tried doing one larger heart accent on the side, but then I had to move the sentiment panel over so much that you couldn't tell it was houses on the right (the perils of using a large print on a wee card front) so instead I did three tiny hearts instead of one large accent as shown on the sketch.

I'm gonna finish up my lunch here and go back downstairs to start a new project!  I'm very excited, I've managed to track down at least one copy of every Christmas letter that I've written since hubs and I got married in 2003.  So before I have a chance to lose them, or Baby Sodapop sucks up all my brain cells, I'm going to put those all in a Christmas scrapbook album I've had since I worked at a scrapbook store in college.  I've been meaning to do this since we got married, and Today Is The Day!  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Suite Seasons
Ink:  Early Espresso, Real Red
Paper:  Early Espresso, Real Red, Thick Whisper White, Candy Cane Lane DSP, Champagne Glimmer Paper
Accessories:  Lots of Labels Framelits, heart from Itty Bitty Punch Pack (retired), Dimensionals

No comments: