Monday, December 26, 2016

Tang Dynasty Show

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Did you have a good holiday?  Our Christmas was very quiet and relaxed, just the way I like it.  The only reason I got out of pajama pants was to take our doglets for a walk :)  And we Skyped our families back in Texas or else talked to them on the phone, and we made a turkey breast for dinner last night.  So all in all, pretty awesome.

On to the scrapbook pages!  Today's layout isn't Christmasy, but it is a lot of red and green.


Once again these pictures are from our 2010 trip to China; you can see them up close if you scroll down a bit on this blog post.  So let's talk about colors.  Obviously there's a lot of warm colors in the pictures I used on this layout; when I choose cardstock colors, I try to go for colors that complement the photos more than trying to go with something that is totally matchy-matchy.  If I had used a red color for the page base, I think it would have been overwhelming, so instead I broke out the Pear Pizzazz.  Red and green are opposites on the color wheel, so this is still a higher-energy color combination, but not quite as high energy as if I'd used a really intense green like Emerald Envy.  Also, I didn't use a true red for the page title, it's Poppy Parade:


I thought it would be fun to try cutting the letters out of patterned paper instead of just plain cardstock, but I still had to do a thin mat of cardstock around them so they would look finished.  My third (accent) color is Brocade Blue, which I picked up from the backdrops in several of the photos, and I used black to write my journaling so it would be easily legible (and there's some black in the pictures as well).  So there you go, there's my color thought process if you ever wondered how my brain works.


Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade, Brocade Blue, and Basic Black for today's palette.  Now I'm going to go grab a couple of cranberry cardamom spice muffins and my cuppa tea...y'all enjoy your day.  Cheers!

Supplies, mostly SU!
Stamps:  Fresh Vintage, Rough Type
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Brocade Blue, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade, Brocade Blue, Poppy Parade DSP, Greenhouse Gala DSP
Accessories:  Lettering template

1 comment:

Thoughts by B and M said...

I really enjoyed this show and dumplings. You captured the colors perfectly!