Monday, January 16, 2017

Merge and Squish!

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Today is something slightly different--a couple of scrapbook pages that I made and framed and sent to Missy and Bennet as a belated Christmas present.  I didn't take pictures of them in the frames because the glass makes such a glare, so here's the two pages I made:


For Bennet, a commemoration of the running joke that will never die.  So on our trip to China in 2010 (wow that long ago!!!), we went to a McDonald's for lunch one day and somehow Lee and Bennet accidentally switched drinks.  No big except Bennet had a cold so then Lee got it.  And then Bennet started calling it The Merge and we actually have not one but TWO Merge street signs in our house now.  So I made a special one for Bennet with one of the pics from McDonald's where The Merge happened.  For the M, I just Googled "golden arches" and printed off one on regular computer paper, then attached the image to cardstock with removable adhesive and cut it out.  Peel off the computer paper and voila, cardstock golden arches.  P.S.  Notice that the patterned paper is skull & crossbones!!


For Missy I chose this picture of the four of us squished into a little cubby to sleep at the eighth station on Mount Fuji.  What is it about the four of us and excessive togetherness? ;)  Since it was for Missy, of course I used green and gold for the main colors (I actually used that same patterned paper for all the Fuji pages in my own scrapbooks).  What tripped me up was the color to do for the letters...I stamped them first in Marina Mist, cut them all out and then thought it looked too gray.  So then I stamped them in Pacific Point and cut them all out but it still didn't look quite right on the Garden Green cardstock.  So I stamped them a THIRD time in Tempting Turquoise and that finally worked.  Then I added the Thankful Forest Friends bear because again, it's Missy.  Green + gold + bear = Missy.

A couple of black frames and they were done.  Although since my mom has given me a complex about how navy blue and black don't go together, Bennet's page kinda made my eye twitch after I got it framed.  Oops.  Well, not everyone has the same color hang-ups that I do, and I know that almost all of the frames in their house are black so I was going for something that would match what they already have.

That's it for me today, peeps.  Cheers!

Supplies, Merge page:
Stamps:  None
Ink:  None
Paper:  Night of Navy, More Mustard, So Saffron, Rockabilly DSP
Accessories:  Lettering template

Supplies:  Fuji Squish page:
Stamps:  Big Deal Alphabet, Thankful Forest Friends
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Early Espresso
Paper:  Garden Green, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Haiku DSP
Accessories:  Oval punch

1 comment:

Thoughts by B and M said...

What is with us and the togetherness? Lol! Never would I have ever thought I'd be doing a 4 "spoon" and synchronized turning in a small cubby on the side of a large "hill". ;-) lol!!!!'