Sunday, January 1, 2017

Scrappy Showcase, Part 2

Afternoon, y'all, and happy new year.  I thought I would get this done in the morning, but then I made waffles with my new BB-8 waffle maker and then it seemed imperative that I take a nap :)  So anyway, it's part 2 of the scrappy showcase!  The layouts are basically in the order in which they were first posted here on the blog, not in order of how much I might like 'em, but we're in the middle of my 12 favorites for 2016.


First up is the layout from the Silver Pavilion in Kyoto, Japan; once again it's the color combination that makes it a favorite for me.  Color is the absolute number one thing I notice about scrapbook pages, cards, clothes, etc.  If I can get a color combination to work with my pictures then I am a happy camper and more likely to be happy with the end results.


Next up for today is this layout from the Great Wall of China; while I do love the colors (Handsome Hunter for the win, and I'm almost out of it now) what I love best about this one is that picture on the left page.  It's one of my favorites of all time.


And here's the first layout I did for the Harry Potter studio tour, I love the title my friend Tiana cut out for me with her Silhouette.

Last up for today is the giant panda layout from our China trip.  I love the colors (Baja Breeze will always be one of my favorites), but the other thing I love about this layout (aside from the memories it documents) is that I found some bamboo-print paper that turned out to be the perfect color for my photos. It's always exciting when I've had a particular pattern in my stash for a long time and then I find the perfect layout to use it on.  The hubs thinks I get excited about weird things but I don't even care :p

Hope your new year is off to a great start!  Hubs and I are starting to get things washed and organized for the nursery.  Fun times.  Cheers, y'all!

No comments: