Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Easter Flowers

Mornin', y'all!  Heyyy look it's the first card I've made in my new craft room!


I don't make or send a lot of Easter cards, so I don't have any current bunnies or specifically Easter sets, which means I reached for some floral stamps, Eastery colors, and good ol' Teeny Tiny Wishes for this one.  And dangit, rhinestones typically don't photograph well.

Let's start with the Fall-To Layout from Clean & Simple Stamping:


Love it.  Classic sketch.

And here's the theme challenge from Global Design Project:


I combined those two with the color challenge from Sunday Stamps:


Those speckly eggs are my FAVORITE Easter candy.  Let's not even discuss how many bags I may or may not buy every year.  And they had them at Christmas too, just different colors :). Oh yeah, colors...I used Tranquil Tide, So Saffron, Marina Mist, and Sweet Sugarplum for my colors (everything but the first swatch, really).  I think Tranquil Tide hasn't been super popular but I love it.  It reminds me of a lot of Stoney Creek cross stitch patterns I've done; they always seem to choose a bluey green for leaves on floral designs.

That's it for now.  I've got to get the kiddo up in about 45 minutes to take him to the doctor...he's had a wet-sounding cough that just will not give up so I'm taking him in.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Colorful Seasons, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Sweet Sugarplum, So Saffron, Tranquil Tide, Marina Mist
Paper:  Sweet Sugarplum, So Saffron, Tranquil Tide, Whisper White
Accessories:  rhinestones

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sa-WEET! Those little blossoms and centers are my fave stamps from that set - and they look great scattered around in our colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

stampwithamyk said...

So pretty! Love those spring flowers, perfect with the colors this week. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

CCsMom said...

I like that stamp. So cute. I hope you are getting more Easter-y weather by now. Having Easter with SNOW wouldn't work. They have PURPLE tulips at Wally's -- BEAUTIFUL. Your card is very nice.

Natasha said...

Love the card! Can't go wrong with spring colours and flowers for Easter cards. I feel honoured that you used the CAS sketch for the first card creation in your new space!

Hope the kiddo feels better soon!

Teresa Kline said...

luv the sweet flowers, fabulous mic of colors! I am so glad you played along with us at
sunday stamps!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*