Friday, March 30, 2018

Party Panda

Happy Friday, y'all!  My little monster is currently stationed right in front of me and hollering at me to feed him my breakfast.  Never mind that he's already had a bottle AND a bowl of cereal.  Maybe he's part Hobbit?  I bet my soon-to-be 2-year-old niece has better manners.  Ryan just bit me.  He LITERALLY bit the hand that was feeding him!  OWWW.


So I think this will be my niece's birthday card.  I got Party Pandas at the beginning of Sale-a-Bration, but what with the move and then the flu and the gallbladder surgery and all that craziness, I haven't gotten to play with my SAB goodies at all.  Now that SAB is almost over...hey, at least I got one card in.  Anyway, my brother went through a phase where he collected panda everything, so of course I had to get this set and I think this turned out pretty cute.  The drop shadow on the sentiment didn't turn out quite as well as I'd hoped, and you can't see the Wink of Stella sparkle on the balloon, but it's still cute I think.

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I even managed to make my card one layer!  I stamped the panda first, masked it off with a Post-It Note and sponged the ink for the horizontal strip.

I used the colors from Color Throwdown:


I interpreted this as Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, and Peekaboo Peach.  I think that Blushing Bride and Flirty Flamingo kind of clash, so I used Bride and Peach for the sponging, and then I stamped off the little confetti stamp with Flirty Flamingo ink and somehow that made it not look clashy to me.  I liked the contrast of the three paler colors with the crisp black on the panda.

So that's it for me today.  Kid will be down for a nap soon and then I get to work on the scrapbook pages I started yesterday.  Woo!

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Party Pandas
Ink:  Basic Black, Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Iridescent Sequins, Wink of Stella pen

5 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

What a wonderful, adorable CAS design! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Jen Brum said...

Very sweet card! I love that panda as well and love those sequins! I think it will be perfect for you niece! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Vickie Z said...

Sweet panda- great use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Amy O said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I love the sponged strip you've created for the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

CCsMom said...

Love this. The sponge effect you did behind the panda reminds me of the fabric I used in Clara's Valentine's dress with the main fabric being Kewpies. So cute!!! Took me a long time to find that fabric because I needed a 2nd fabric to go with the main one and the Kewpie fabric happened to be a pale peach. Love your card. I am sure Clara will, too!