Saturday, February 27, 2021

Baby Luke: Luke James

Okay y'all, I'm going to start sharing Luke's baby book layouts on Saturdays I think.  So here's the first full layout:


Baby Luke was named after a friend and mentor of my brother's, who gave his life in service to our country on his first deployment, leaving behind his own infant son.  Ryan's middle name is Luke partially because of that too--when Ryan was born we didn't know if my brother and SIL were going to have any other kids (Luke has a big sister), or if they'd have a boy, so we chose that for my son's middle name to honor my brother's friend even though we never met him.  (And also Ryan's grandfathers are Rich and Larry, so he shares an initial with each of them.)  Anyway, bestowing this name on his son was very important to my brother, so I wanted to have a layout in the baby book where he could write about why they chose this name and maybe have a picture of the first Luke there.

I kept the colors muted, mostly greens and brown as a nod to Army uniforms.

Supplies:
Stamps:  For Your Country, The Free & The Brave, Land That I Love
Ink:  Always Artichoke, Dapper Denim, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Dapper Denim, Very Vanilla, Manchester DSP
Accessories:  Sizzix letters

No comments: