Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Gaggles of Goose Greetings

Hey y'all, how goes it?  After I posted on Monday, I called the moving company to ask when our stuff was going to be delivered but they didn't give me a date, so the hubs called them in the afternoon and was Quite Unhappy at them for taking so long (our stuff arrived in the DFW area on July 20, but they still wouldn't give me a delivery date) and now we're getting it next Friday.  I am very much looking forward to having my bed and couch back.  Not to mention all the contents of my craft room.

So yeah, I have no furniture in my craft room, but I do have my current stamp sets and ink pads, plus a few sheets of all the current cardstock colors (#priorities) so I spent some time in there yesterday.  Ryan came to find me after I'd only been in there for like three minutes, so we both made cards.  This is the first card I've made since the middle of May!


Yep, that Bright & Beautiful DSP stack again, I do quite like it.  I also quite like this week's multilayered sketch from the Paper Players:


I'd only used Silly Goose once before this, so it was long past time to ink up some of the other stamps in the set.  Very soon I shall have to make a Goose Bumps card : )  For today, I'm happy to take fancy Ms. Goose out for a spin in her fashionable hat.  This will be going to my friend Beth who likes frogs.  Thanks to the Paper Players for giving me an excuse to use this stamp set again, and I am so happy to have created something after such a long hiatus.

Ryan wanted to make a card too, so here is his creation:


He wanted to make a card for his dad from Peking (his favorite duck stuffie) and decided that a goose stamp was close enough to a duck for his purposes.  This time he wanted me to do the stamping, but he did all the die cutting, coloring, and adhering.  I told him geese usually are white but he insisted that his goose had to be yellow (Peking the stuffie is {more accurately, was} yellow with orange feet and beak, so the stamped goose had to match him).

So there you go, two goose greetings for the price of one!  I'm hoping to get into my craft room on a more regular basis, but that might not happen until Ryan starts school next month.  At least by then we'll have all our stuff so I won't be stamping on a windowsill.

Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!, my card:
Stamps:  Silly Goose
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Azure Afternoon, Berry Burst, Bubble Bath, Lemon Lolly, Lemon Lime Twist
Paper:  Azure Afternoon, Berry Burst, Bubble Bath, Lemon Lolly, Thick Basic White, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Christy! I love the mix of colors and patterns you used. I never bought this stamp set, but the cute cards you have made with it have made me think I need it. What a fun card! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Tarabeth Stamps said...

Cute layers! I love that goose! Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players Challenge.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this stamp set Christy and your goose looks fab with those papers! Kudos to Ryan for such an awesome card too - his colouring is very good! Hope that furniture arrives soon. Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!