Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Spring Irises

Mornin' y'all!  Quick post today as I have to get Ryan ready to go on his zoo field trip which means sunscreen before he leaves for school.  Here's my card today:


A friend recently posted on Facebook that there were irises coming up all around his neighborhood and that they make him think of his grandmother, so when I saw the Paper Players challenge this week, I had to grab Inspiring Iris.  Here's the challenge graphic:


I had stamped a sentiment as well, but despite moving all the elements around for several minutes, I couldn't find an arrangement with the sentiment that I liked for the card front so I adhered it to the inside instead.  Side note:  my iPhone is named Iris, not necessarily for the flower (though I like them) but because Iris the rainbow goddess is a messenger for the Greek gods and maybe I was rereading Percy Jackson when I got my first iPhone ; )

Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Inspiring Iris
Ink:  Orchid Oasis, Soft Sea Foam, Starry Sky
Paper:  Lemon Lolly, Thick Basic White, Tea Boutique DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stitched So Sweetly dies, In Color Matte Dots, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy your irises are so pretty! I love the soft blue and yellow colour scheme and simple panel design. A beautiful CAS spring flower card - so glad you played with us at The Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

Clean and perfect, Christy! I love these colors together. I like your idea to put the sentiment inside. The card front is gorgeous as it is. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week! I loved both of your cards.