Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Missing You Zinnia

Hey y'all, we are once again in the throes of preparing to move and it is stressing me out.  Ugh.  After I write this post I'm going to go sit down with my cuppa and watch the 1,000th episode of NCIS and try not to think about moving for a while.

In the meantime, here's the card I made yesterday:


I'm really enjoying the Flowering Zinnias DSP, and this time I used the Simply Zinnia dies to make my flower.  I used the Try A Sketch on Tuesday sketch:


I just realized that challenge is closed now but oh well!  It's odd how the various challenges cycle, sometimes it seems like there's a plethora of sketches but right now it's all about the color challenges.  Speaking of which, I used this week's Paper Players palette:


I wanted a bit of color variation on my cardstock flower and leaves, so I used the coordinating Stampin' Blends to get darker values; it's easiest to see on the leaves, but one of the Melon Mambo die cuts is darker and the little ring on the center of the flower is also a bit darker (and a touch sparkly with Wink of Stella).  I like the bright, summery palette.

I'm also entering this at Cupcake Inspirations for their latest challenge:


Like I said, I'm having fun with the Flowering Zinnias paper and playing with the coordinating stamp set and dies.  When I was a kid, we had a neighbor who grew zinnias in their front yard and I remember her telling me how she harvested seeds from them at the end of the season.  I can't remember the lady's name as she moved out after only a year or two of us being neighbors, but I always think of her when I see zinnias.

That's it for me today, y'all.  Time for me to watch NCIS :)  Cheers.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Vertical Blooms
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Stampin' Blends in Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo, Thick Basic White, Flowering Zinnias DSP
Accessories:  Simply Zinnia dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies (retired), Opaque Faceted Gems, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

5 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE how you used that bold pattern paper in the background!! I never can figure out how to use patterns like this. I also like your die cut flower. It just POPS off the card. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

LeAnne said...

These bright bold hues work well with your zinnias! Great way to use our challenge colors, and so happy you played along! Good luck with the move, I am with you--yuck!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, your card is amazing! I love the patterned paper for your background The beautiful bloom is just gorgeous and your sentiment is so kind! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Such a bright and happy card, Christy. I am very much in 'like" with this Suite of products and your card is a wonderful showcase of possibilities. Thanks for joining us this week at paper Players. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Revati.p said...

Beautiful card. Love the bright colors.
Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Revati
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge