Thursday, April 18, 2024

Sea Turtle Salutations in Stereo

Today I have a pair of cards to share : )  Here they are:


I was intrigued by this week's color challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


First I made a CAS card:


I used the sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches:


I made another card with this sketch but I'll have to share that later.  It was fun to use the "shadow" stamps in the Sea Turtle stamp set for both of these cards since I hadn't done that before.

After the CAS card, I wanted to give the colors another go with something different, so I made this one:


That's the same stripey paper I used on yesterday's submarine card.  I just looked through past blog posts and I've made another card combining the Sea Turtle stamp set with that fun hello stamp from Filled with Happiness so apparently my brain just likes that combination.

That's it for me today.  Got another busy day ahead...cheers!

Supplies, all SU!, CAS card:
Stamps:  Sea Turtle, Filled with Happiness
Ink:  Pretty Peacock, Petal Pink, Garden Green
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  None

Supplies, all SU!, second card:
Stamps:  Sea Turtle, Filled with Happiness
Ink:  Garden Green, Pretty Peacock, Petal Pink
Paper:  Petal Pink, Thick Basic White, Bright & Beautiful Stack
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies, Dimensionals, Adhesive-Backed Sequins

7 comments:

Rachel D said...

Oh that's such a sweet card, Christy. And I love that it's perfectly CAS and a great take on our sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fabulous pair of cards using this set Christy! The first one is perfectly CAS and great for our CAS C&S challenge but the second one is my favourite - just stunning!

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh my gosh, this set and color combo look like they were made for each other!!! Super genuis idea to pair them up! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Fiona said...

Great cards showing off our colours to great effect - a clever take on that CAS sketch card too - thanks for playing along with us again at Hand Stamped Sentiments

Stampin by Genny said...

Both cards are fabulous! Loved you were inspired by our color challenge and all the stamped elements on both cards. A very effective use of the stamp set. Thank so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Stampin Expressions said...

Wow a great card! I love how you created this adorable little turtle with all the colors from the challenge! Now I might have to get this stamp set!Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Laura said...

Oh this one is sweet too! I do love the ways you've worked with our sketch.
Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S, hope to see you next time too.