Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Chasing Rainbows

Mornin' y'all, how are you doing?  I got in my craft room yesterday for the first time in weeks and made this:


I used the sketch from Retro Rubber:


The only stamping on my card is the greeting; otherwise the retro DSP does all the work.  The stamp set Rain or Shine is 11 years old, so quite retro ; ) and the Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP is an old favorite.

I took my theme from the Paper Players challenge:


I hunted up the Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP specifically for the rainbow stripes, and I had a scrap of the umbrella print that I couldn't resist using for the center shape on the sketch.  Then I had to add a die-cut sun from the soon-to-retire Hey Chuck dies, so I hit both sunshine and rainbows on my card.  I kept it pretty simple since I hadn't been in my craft room for so long.  I did sneak in the new-to-me Countryside Corners dies too.

Have a great day, peeps.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Rain or Shine
Ink:  Pacific Point
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Thick Basic White, Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP
Accessories:  Countryside Corners dies, Hey Chuck dies, Fine Sparkle Gems, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Such a happy card! I love that DP! It's one I wish I would have bought more of.

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a fun and cheery card! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

creative lady said...

Love the paper combination, love your take on the sketch. Thank you for playing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Claire Grantham said...

Great take on the sketch Christy, I love the umbrella paper, the addition of the sun ties it all so nicely to your sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT