Monday, April 22, 2024

Fort Worth Zoo

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  I've got a couple of things to do today...my brother is coming over to take a look at my car.  Remember I said it had rained cats and dogs all day on Saturday and I was out in it?  Well, I got in my car yesterday to pick up Ryan and the splash guard thingy on the bottom of my car (that thing that covers the underside of the car to protect it from rocks and stuff) was hanging down.  So I met my neighbors for the first time, they were standing out in front of their house and they very kindly took the splash guard off for me and recommended I get it replaced soon.  So now Adam is going to come take a look at it since I know nothing about fixing cars.

Anyway, this week Ryan has a field trip to the Dallas Zoo so I thought I would share a layout from when we went to the Fort Worth Zoo in 2020, just before we left for Germany.


And do I have the PERFECT alphabet for the title or what!  Click the pic to embiggen, the letters are all animals!  It's the aptly named Animal Alphabet, and if you can't tell, the letters are a fox, weasel, zebra, and owl.  I chose a couple of patterns from the Animal Expedition DSP and I wish I had gotten more than one pack of that, I love it.  And I am impressed with myself, I managed to fit in eleven pictures, two patterned papers, a fun title, and two zebra accents!


My color palette today:  Crumb Cake, Call Me Clover, Calypso Coral, and Pool Party.  I can't wait to see the new beige color in person (and prepare to giggle, when I was a kid I thought that word was pronounced beej!).  I'm holding off on ordering anything until the full catalog goes live on May 1 because I want the duck suite.  And I may only get to do one order before we move again, we'll see.  So I've started my list, and I'll definitely pick up all the new colors, the airplane suite, Ryan's ducks, and that one stamp set that says HEY in big letters because it reminds me of Into the Spider-Verse, and Ryan likes to do the hand on the shoulder bit from that movie and if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.  Anyway, I won't get the new stuff until after May 1 so I'm trying to be patient.

In the meantime, I've got to get Ryan out the door for school.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Animal Alphabet, Zany Zebras
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Neutrals; Basic Black marker
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Call Me Clover, Thick Basic White, Animal Expedition DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies

1 comment:

Tanya said...

This is SO fun!
Good luck with the car and all the things. Always things...