Saturday, April 13, 2024

Manana, Llama

I'm back with the other card I made yesterday...


I actually made this one before yesterday's guacamole card, and it is also inspired by the Festive Friday challenge:


For this card, I used orange, green, enamel dots (I think those count as enamel dots?), and llama.  Llamas always make me think of Birthday Fiesta and this fun llama stamp, who I named Lloyd the Llama.  Because I could.

My card is a sorta loose interpretation of the Just Add Ink sketch:


I'm counting Lloyd as one of the larger hexagons, and the flower (fussy cut from the Flowering Zinnias DSP) as the smaller one, and I have an actual hexagon on the left for the second large hexagon in the sketch.  I liked the bright colors of the Flowering Zinnias DSP on the Shaded Spruce card base, even though Shaded Spruce isn't a color featured in the DSP.  And of course I did the same thing again on the guacamole card.

That's it for me today, kids.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Birthday Fiesta
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Stampin' Blends in Ivory & Lemon Lolly
Paper:  Shaded Spruce, Lemon Lolly, Thick Basic White, Flowering Zinnias DSP
Accessories:  Fiesta Time dies, Beautiful Shapes dies, Timeless Labels dies, faceted gems, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Great colours and such a fun use of the sketch Christy. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Tristan said...

How fun is your card Kristy. Love your elements, they are perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

KimB said...

The bright colours and festive llama are just perfect for a celebratory fiesta card Kristy. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Diane Evans said...

Another great card using that amazing Stamp set. I like how you combined the DSP in this card. Thank you for playing along with us for Festive Friday.

Helen Jennings said...

I love the combination of bright colours and different shapes in this fun card. thank you for linking it to the Festive Friday Challenge.