Goooooood mornin' y'all! I hope you enjoyed Jaydee's tic-tac-toe board last week and are ready for a new Paper Players challenge coming at you right now courtesy of the joyful Joanne, who will be celebrating a birthday this week! Take a look:
So maybe the obvious choice was a birthday cake with candles, but you probably know by now that my brain is wired differently especially since we are *finally* in the -BER months and I've been listening to my spooky sweet playlist of movie scores from movies like Hocus Pocus and Casper and okay you read the title to this blog post so you know I made a Halloween card! Also those ghost candles on the challenge graphic are ridiculously cute. Here's my card:
I saw "candles" and immediately remembered this spooky candelabrum from the Dark & Dreary stamp set, which I paired with the Magic In This Night DSP that's kinda fancy while still being spooky. I decided to work my card around the scraps I had from this paper instead of cutting into a new sheet so that drove the design. This fancy spooky (or is it spooky fancy?) card makes me think of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland and I love that (and I also have that movie score in my spooky playlist, of course). I meant to sponge some black ink around the candelabrum but I forgot until after I'd already stuck it down so this is how it is. I used black embossing powder for shine and some black rhinestones to finish it off. I have been promising more Halloween cards so you shouldn't be surprised ; ) And also I had already made a birthday card for Joanne!
Check out the other design team creations on the Paper Players blog, and you can hop through their individual blogs to leave some comments too:
The Paper Players Design Team
And then upload your card at the Paper Players blog! Keep in mind a few simple rules:
1. Create a new paper project
2. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us and provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge submission
3. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL
4. Have fun!
Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Dark & Dreary, The Raven
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Pretty Peacock, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black, Magic In This Night DSP
Accessories: Lots of Labels dies, Ornate Frames dies, black EP, Dimenisonals, Black Rhinestones

2 comments:
Somehow I knew you'd create a spooky Halloween card, Christy! I love the black embossing---it makes the image and sentiment really pop!
Christy, I LOVE how you used the Halloween candelabrum for the theme!! These spooky colors and fun DSP's are great! I just LOVE your take on the challenge! Have the best week, My Friend!
Post a Comment