Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Round 1

I want to get the New Year started off with a scrapbook layout in the hopes that 2014 will be a very scrappy year : )


More Japan pics, this time from 2009 when we went to this place called Round 1 with our friends Missy and Bennet (we made them a calendar for Christmas with a bunch of pictures of our adventures together in Japan, China, and Spain, including one with them and my hubs on those little bitty bikes that was totally hilarious).  You can click on the photo above to see the layout bigger, or check out this post on Snapdragon to see the individual pictures.

For the title, I used the largest circle Framelit and the letters are my old trusty Sizzix alphabet.  I knew exactly how I wanted to do the title, so I just had to figure out how to do a giant 1--finally I printed off a numeral in 350-point font--Cooper Black, if you're interested.  I found out that of the dozens and dozens of fonts I have on my computer, Cooper Black is just about the only one with an interesting-looking numeral 1.  So I printed it, temporarily adhered it to a scrap of Brilliant Blue, and cut it out, which is the same method I used to cut out Okinawa on this page (twice, because I also did Part 2, which is definitely a symptom of my insanity because it took forever the first time and I still did it again).

Anyway, the color combo on this layout was inspired by one of my favorite tee shirts:


I have quite the collection of Eskimo Joe's shirts.  What tickles me about using this shirt as an inspiration is that in the pictures, I'm actually wearing this next shirt:


I thought the Brilliant Blue worked pretty well with the pictures.  So there's a lesson for you--clothing is totally inspirational for scrapbook pages.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Stamps:  My Paper Pumpkin welcome kit (splotchy stamp on the green circle)
Ink:  Whisper White, Brilliant Blue
Paper:  Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Green Galore, Whisper White, Rainbow Sherbet DSP
Accessories:  Circles Framelits, old Sizzix alphabet, Curly Label punch

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

You guys are so funny. I can just see you racing around the track on those tiny motorcycles. Too funny for words.