Thursday, May 15, 2014

Quick & Cheery

I must have been in the mood for really quick cards yesterday; I made three that only took about 10 to 15 minutes each.  So here's today's super-fast card:


Can't beat silver glimmer paper for the immediate wow factor.  I was going to stamp Positively Chevron in white on the Lucky Limeade card base, but then I remembered this pattern from last year's Summer Smooches DSP, and why make it harder than it has to be?  So much faster this way. 

For my color inspiration, I used the challenge palette from Color Throwdown:


And paired it with this no-muss, no-fuss fun Retro Sketch:


Et voila!  Done.  Better yet, I'm kind of in love with this card, which is a lovely and unexpected bonus for something that took almost no time to put together.  :)

Have a fabulous day, friends!  Thanks for checking out Snapdragon Stamps today.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Simple Stems, Sweet Essentials
Ink:  Melon Mambo, StazOn Black
Paper:  Lucky Limeade, Basic Black, Whisper White, Summer Smooches DSP, Silver Glimmer paper
Accessories:  Secret Garden & Banners Framelits

3 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Gotta love quick and easy and yet so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

CCsMom said...

Oh yes, I DO really like that -- LOVE the color combo. Funny, some of these backgrounds remind me of the dress that Mrs. Baxley wore -- my 3rd grade teacher. It made my eyes go wonky every time, but I could NOT STOP LOOKING AT IT. Ah, memories! Love ya!

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the sketch and colors!! Yes, I love a little sparkle too!! Thxs for playing at CTD!