Monday, January 19, 2015

Han Dynasty Tombs

My scrappin' streak continues!  I have a couple of other layouts that I made before this one, but I was talking recently about using Ancient Asia on a scrapbook layout so I have to share it first.  Here it is:


Click to embiggen.  This is my second completed layout for my China scrapbooks, woohoo!  This was the last thing we saw in Xi'an before we left for Beijing, you can see the original photos here.   I was awake one night last week and thinking about scrapbooking (what, you don't do that?) and I got the idea for this color combination.  Luckily I still remembered it the next morning :)  Here's my color palette:


Elegant Eggplant (which looks black in the photo, but it's not), Perfect Plum, Marina Mist, Sahara Sand, and Very Vanilla.  Loves me some purple.

Seems like we always have a lot of pictures that I want to squeeze into every layout, and I don't like to crop them down too much since we've gotten better at photography and composing our shots.  So that means a lot of my layouts look kind of blocky, but what can ya do?  I still like this one, it's got clean lines and still has a few embellishments.

Anyway, I'm off to go do something not on the computer.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, mostly SU!
Stamps:  Ancient Asia, Rough Type
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant (ink pad and marker), Sahara Sand
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Marina Mist, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, retired Marina Mist DSP
Accessories:  non-SU lettering template

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Yes, I DO like the colors!!! And the photos are great, too! (I rarely remember what I dream about.)