Thursday, January 29, 2015

This One's For Missy

I'm late posting again today, but this time it's because I went shopping with a friend before I got my card completely finished.  Oh, and Sadie seems to be doing better today; she was asking to go for a walk and I was like hahahahNO, you're still moving kinda slow and I don't want to hurt you more.

But anyway, there is a stamp set in the Occasions catalog that I love.  My friend Missy....does not.  And I don't know why, because I think it's awesome and hilarious and fun and different and so when I got it yesterday (birfday present to me!) I had to make a card to send to her featuring....

A lumberjack!


Heeee's a lumberjack and he's okay, he sleeps all night and he works all day!  Oh wait, that's a whole 'nother song.  Anyway, how could you not love this lumberjack?  He's awesome!  And I broke open the first of my new firm foam ink pads to stamp his Garden Green shirt (green for Baylor, obviously, also why his hat is Crushed Curry).  And I used some of my new Blendabilities, but I didn't, you know, blend them.  Anyway, I used a slightly modified version of the sketch from Retro Sketches:


The lumberjack image was big enough that I couldn't make this a 4.25" square card, and I didn't want to do a 5.5" square and have to pay extra for postage, so I stretched the sketch to an A2 size.

Anyway, it's pretty much dinnertime so that's it for me today.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Wood You Be Mine?  (buy iiiiiit Missy!)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Garden Green; markers in Blush Blossom (I know it's retired but it's less pink than Blushing Bride), Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Calypso Coral; Blendabilities in Crumb Cake and Smoky Slate
Paper:  Garden Green, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Gold Soiree DSP
Accessories:  Itty Bitty Accents punch pack

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

That is SOOOO funny! You just gotta love it. Brought back memories of my childhood. My friend Robin's grandfather owned a motel/restaurant called The Paul Bunyan. There was a very large statue of Paul made of redwood standing at the corner of the property. I think it's gone now, but I like to imagine he was wearing a plaid shirt. He also had his pet blue ox named "Babe". Now I'm getting homesick. Too funny.

I DO love the card.

CCsMom said...

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/201

Follow-up trivia! Hope this link works for you.

CCsMom said...

http://www.sierranevadageotourism.org/content/paul-bunyan-statue-in-three-rivers-ca/sieC14DF1EA09854AFD6

This one is even better.

Thoughts by B and M said...

Hahahahaha. Thanks! You make it look cute especially since he's all baylor :-)