Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Sympathy Leaves

Howdy, folks!  How are you this afternoon?  I usually try to make a card the day prior to posting it, but yesterday afternoon I was busy posting other stuff (read:  I mailed packages at the post office) so I made this card today (hence the late post).


The good:  I really like how the leaves turned out; I stamped them with Mossy Meadow ink and then used my AquaPainter to paint in a little bit of ink on the floral design.  The bad:  I think the sentiment is too small for the space and kinda gets lost there.  It looks stark.  Dangit.

I used this week's Colour Me...! monochromatic challenge:


And the Mojo Monday sketch:


Though I kept my card the standard A2 size.  What, I already have envelopes that size.

That's it for me today...I've got to get to work on tomorrow's card and I'm very close to finishing the baby books I'm working on, so no rest for this wicked stamper.

Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lighthearted Leaves, Thoughts & Prayers
Ink:  Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso
Paper:  Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Leaflets Framelits, 1 1/4" circle punch, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Tanya said...

I think its good. It leaves it sincere and understated, like that "I don't know what else to say" feeling.

Antonia said...

Hi Cristy,
Quality is better than quantity! Such a warm and beautiful card says it all!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Colour Me!
Hugs Antonia

CCsMom said...

I do like the colors for this type of sentiment. It could very well go to a man because it's not too fru-fru. But it is beautiful. Sometimes you don't need much and in this case, I think less is better. Good job!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a sweet, comforting card. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Michelle said...

This is a gorgeous way to combine two challenges! I just love it. And it's subtle enough that it makes a lovely sympathy card....which I like because it makes a typical "fall" set and makes year-round. Thanks for sharing.

wendi said...

I think the card turned our nice. Love the way the leaves look like they are frolicking along the side of the card! Thanks for including Colour Me in your inspiration for this card.