Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Thankful Bear

Mornin, peeps!  How's the weather where you are?  We might need a canoe by the week's end here.  I don't mind the rain though, there's something lovely about a rainy day when you don't have to go anywhere.  Though I must say my poor hubs was drenched last night from his bike ride home from the metro station.

Anyway, on to other matters....like today's card!


 I love this bear.  Well, my college mascot is a bear, so there's that, and also he's just so stinkin' cute.  And I finally broke into the Into the Woods DSP that I've been hoarding for, like, a month.

I started out with the latest color combo from Fab Friday:


It's been a while since I played along over there and I always hate to miss their challenges, so yay for getting this one done.  I did use Early Espresso for the bear and the sentiment though just to make them more Baylor bear-y.  But the background is Soft Suede.

Speaking of challenges I haven't played along with for a while, how about the Sketch Frenzy Friday crew:


I like it.  I kinda thought I should draw a little flower in the bear's hand so I could make a visual triangle with Rich Razzleberry elements, but I didn't do it.  I was chicken to mess it up I guess :p

Anyway, this chicken is off to go work on some scrapbook pages.  Yep, I started scrapping again yesterday!  Very exciting.  Cheers, peeps!  Or should that be cheeps, peers?

At least I amuse myself...

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Thankful Forest Friends, Petite Petals
Ink:  Early Espresso, Rich Razzleberry
Paper:  Old Olive, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Into the Woods DSP
Accessories:  Oval Framelits, Petite Petals punch, Dimensional, Brights Candy Dots

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

So cute. LOVE the woodgrain with the bear. Makes it look more woodsey. Love the colors, too.

Heather said...

This is totally my favorite, too! You've done up this sketch just gorgeous - the little flower detail is just right... Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Terri said...


What a great thank you card you made with this sketch & that cute little bear. Thanks for creating with us at SFF!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Cute! That bear is just too cute and I love him with the woodgrain background! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Kim Innis said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love that bear! Thanks so much for playing with us at Sketch Frenzy Friday.