Monday, August 1, 2016

Harry Potter Studio Tour, Part 1

Scrappy Monday, y'all.  Yesterday was Harry Potter's 36th birthday (uh yeah, we can celebrate the birthdays of fictional characters) *and* the script for the London play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was released (my hardback copy is on its way from Amazon), so today seems particularly appropriate to share the first of the Harry Potter Studio Tour layouts that I *finally* finished :)


I did five layouts in total, and that was cutting it down as much as I could but seriously I love the books and movies and there was just so MUCH to see here and I took so many pictures and I'm lucky it's not an entire scrapbook album unto itself.  You can see the pictures close up here, here, and here.


Muchas gracias to my friend Tiana, who cut out the title for me with her Silhouette and mailed it to me for this page.  She's awesome :)  The new Harry Potter park at Universal Studios in California opened the week that we were in LA to go to Disneyland with Tiana and her family, and we *almost* tried to go but ended up deciding against it.  One day we will though.


My color palette for today (and for the other four layouts) is Elegant Eggplant (not black, it's dark purple), Lavender Lace, Crushed Curry, Wild Wasabi, and Whisper White.  I chose the purples because magic and purple just seem to go together, and the yellow and green seemed like good accent colors to me.  So stay tuned for the next bit of HP goodness next Scrappy Monday :)

Cheers, yo!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rough Type
Ink:  Lavender Lace, Elegant Eggplant
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace, Crushed Curry, Wild Wasabi, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  letters cut with my friend's Silhouette :)

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

That IS a fascinating place for sure. I thoroughly enjoyed it. LOVE the colors you chose, too. Hey, so your book is on its way, eh? I thought I might check at Wally's and see if it is there. They seem to carry a LOT of books, especially when a special one comes out.

Love you!!!