Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Nachos: Summer Picnic

Hey kids!  How's it going today?  Are ya ready for a fun theme challenge from the Nachos?  'Cause here it is:


I thought about it a bit and what says summertime more than...a picnic.  And what's better at a picnic than a nice fat piece of watermelon?


I love watermelon, but my hubs doesn't like it (or cantaloupe or honeydew, the weirdo) so I only get small containers of cut watermelon for myself every once in a while.  I have one in the fridge right now so I'll have to eat that at lunch today :)  Anyway, the watermelon is easy enough to make, I just used some graduated sizes of the Layering Circles Framelits and then cut it in half (so I can make a second watermelon card).  I hand-drew the watermelon seeds and then looked through all my current stamps and eventually pulled out a sentiment from an old Paper Pumpkin kit because it was the right style for my watermelon card.

So go check out the other summertime creations at the Nacho blog, and be sure to post your own card there too.  Have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  My Paper Pumpkin, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink:  Basic Black, So Saffron
Paper:  Emerald Envy, Watermelon Wonder, So Saffron, Basic Black, Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder DSP
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hi Christy, I love watermelon so I think this is an amazing card!!!!! I just love your cards but I haven't known how to make comments, lol, Missy is training me now!!!!!