Thursday, August 4, 2016

Jellyfish Note

Well, somehow I've managed *another* quadruple challenge for today's card, and they're four completely different challenges from yesterday.  So here it is:


Hubs and I went to the National Aquarium in Baltimore a few weeks ago, and I love watching jellyfish in the tanks where there's no way they can sting me.  It's just fascinating to watch how they move.  So there was one inspiration for this card, on to the challenges.

First up is Color Throwdown:


I used Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise, and Shimmery White, though I think Coastal Cabana might have been a closer color match to the swatch (and I do dearly miss my Coastal Cabana).

Next is the Global Design Project theme challenge:


And then the Mojo Monday sketch:


I left off the little flower element because I thought the card had enough going on...well, maybe I traded it for the enamel dots which no matter what I do always photograph weird.

And finally (because alphabetically it came last) is the Paper Players tic-tac-toe challenge:


I did the left column of enamel dots, beach, and texture.  For the texture-y background, I started with a 4x8.5" piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, tore it in strips and sponged the edges, and then overlapped them and glued them back together.  So even though the piece I started with was 8.5" tall I ended up with a piece that was just over 5 inches tall.  Then I just cut the strips apart until I liked the widths and adhered that to the card base.  It just makes me think of tide lines on the sand at the beach.

In other news, HI MISSY'S MOM!!! Thanks for reading the blog and leaving me comments, that was very sweet of you! :)

Okay kids, I'm off to the gym.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  From Land to Sea, Picture Perfect
Ink:  Versamark, Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise
Paper:  Shimmery White, Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories:  Clear EP, Metallic Enamel Dots

7 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Way to go with creating this fun card for so many challenges! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown!

CCsMom said...

You know, I just think it is strange that there is a stamp of a jellyfish!!! But the colors are great!

laurie said...

Awesome stamp...what a great card for a fun memory!Thanks for playing along with the tic tac toe challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great way to combine all of these challenges! I love the way you created your textured background - very clever. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Vickie Z said...

Love me a beach card! The sponging on the Kraft layers looks great and the white embossed jellyfish!, so glad you joined us at CTD!!

Amy Rohl said...

Wow, look at you go with all of those challenges! I love your sponged/torn edges! Perfect with the jelly fish! Thank you for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Lori said...

Great summery design! Love the layered kraft background. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday and the Color Throwdown!