Friday, October 28, 2016

Friday Flashback: Just Between Fiends

Happy Friday!  I've got a totally seasonally-appropriate stamp set for today's Flashback, but just one problem--I'm absolutely SURE I've used Just Between Fiends before, but I can't find any pictures of it either in my personal archives or on my Splitcoast gallery.  Arrgh!  Anyway, Just Between Fiends goes along with Best Fiends (probably my favorite Halloween stamp set ever) and is a set of four sentiments.  For today's card, I picked the sentiment I was pretty sure I hadn't used yet (never dreaming I would have no photographic evidence for having used the other three either).  So here it is:


I think I'll send this to my sister-in-law, who loves purple and also frogs because she went to Texas Christian University.  Usually I color in Agnes with orange/red hair and use the purple for her outfit, but I decided this time Agnes has gotten into the wild hair color trend and has purple hair.  I think it would be fun to dye my hair some wild color, but let's be honest, I'm far too lazy to keep up with hair dye.

My colors are courtesy of Create with Connie and Mary:


Everything I used is Stampin' Up!, but the stamps retired ten years ago (eek!) and I'm not sure how old the Cast-a-Spell DSP is but it's pretty old too.  But that DSP has exactly these challenge colors with the only addition of Basic Black so it couldn't be any more perfect for this challenge.

I also used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I squished it to be a horizontal card instead of vertical, just because my stamps were so large they wouldn't fit on a standard A2 card otherwise.  I suppose I could have done a 5x7 card but honestly that didn't even occur to me until just this minute.

This also fits in with the SUO Challenges theme of Fall Fun, so I'll enter over there as well.

Okay kids, I'm off to take my sweet little doglets for a walk since the weather looks really nice today and a walk would be good for me too.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Just Between Fiends, Best Fiends
Ink: Basic Black, Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Soft Suede, Soft Sky
Paper:  Perfect Plum, Thick Whisper White, Cast-a-Spell DSP
Accessories:  retired Ovals Framelits, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great Halloween card Christy - I love that witch, perfectly coloured, and funny sentiment! Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

Chris Slogar said...

Great witch and I love how she pops off that background paper! What a fun card! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Karren said...

These stamp sets are fabulous and I'm so glad I own them! You've made a fabulous card that just makes me smile! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Unknown said...

I love your card! And so fun to see old stamp sets. Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary this week!

Connie Babbert said...

This card is SO fun! I've always loved that stamp set...great way to bring it back! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

libbystamps said...

What creepy, spooktacular card you have brewed up with the two challenges! I love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Julie Gearinger said...

What a fun Halloween card! Love the coloring and use of the sketch- thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges :-)

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Love it! That witch image is fabulous and brings back some stamping memories. You did a wonderful coloring job ! Thank you for stampin along with the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge

Mary Brown said...

Oh this is just soooo cute! LOVE that haggart old witch and such a perfect greeting to go along with it! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge and the SUO challenge!

Jenny Engelke said...

I have paper and stamp sets that are that old too. It's so fun to see new life breathed into these oldies but goodies! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Julia said...

Your card is so much fun! And just perfect for out fall challenge with those great colours. So glad you joined the fun at SUOCHALLENGES

Karen Barber said...

THAT is an OLD one - a great blast from the past!!! I love it!! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge this time!!