Monday, October 24, 2016

Giant Pandas

Hooray for Scrappy Monday!  I've been doing some work in my craft cave lately and I've got a few new scrapbook pages done, plus another layout that's awaiting title and journaling.  So here's one I finished last week:


Pics are of course from our 2010 China trip with Bennet and Missy (see 'em all here).  Everything about this layout came together really fast except for the title...


And it doesn't even look complicated, does it?  I always use the same lettering template and alphabet stamps for my China layouts, but I have the lettering template in three sizes and the first one I cut out just ended up being too big for the page, so I cut out a smaller version and then I decided to do an uppercase P instead of all lowercase and yep, the title took forever.


The color combo, on the other hand, was almost instantaneous, which is nice :)  I've done layouts before with Baja Breeze, Garden Green, and Smoky Slate, which I really like together, but this time I traded out the gray for black and Cameo Coral.  I have patterned paper with bamboo on it, what could be more perfect for a panda page?  So yep, there you have it.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, mostly SU!
Stamps:  Rough Type
Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  Baja Breeze (textured), Garden Green, Ginger Blossom DSP
Accessories:  lettering template

No comments: