Thursday, October 20, 2016

Hello Fall

Okay, so I am enjoying being back in my craft cave...I made a card yesterday and got started on a new scrapbook layout which makes me happy :)  So here's my card for today:


Still experimenting to find the best place to use my iPhone to take pictures, so far ain't nothin' looking too good.  This was on my craft table under my Ott Light and still not a good pic.  Anyway, today's card ended up being a kind of weird combination of clean lines with some grungier elements...I wanted some way to use the colors on my white card base and I'm not sure I chose the right thing.   But I do love the colors, which I got from Cupcake Inspirations:


Red and green might immediately say Christmas to you instead of fall, but what can I say, I'm a rebel :)  I used sponges to ink up the leaf stamp with Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green ink, which turned out looking pretty cool if I say so myself.  Might have to try that with a few fall-y color combos.

The sketch is from Global Design Project:


I substituted the leaf for the square element, and my greeting is larger than shown in the sketch, but I have every element of the sketch on my card.

Finally, the Paper Players' CAS challenge is perfect for this time of year:


I think fall cards are my very favorite type to make.  I know lots of people with fall birthdays and I just love all the brightly colored leaves and cooler weather and yeah, it's my favorite time of year.  Almost makes up for the Virginia heat and humidity trying to kill me for four or five months of the year :p

Okay kids, I have an errand to run and then a date with a scrapbook page.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Vintage Leaves, Timeless Textures
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Cherry Cobbler DSP
Accessories:  Leaflets Framelits, Hello You Thinlits, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Jess said...

You are a master at combining challenges Christy! A great card as always! Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project and sharing your talents with us!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful use of this week's colors at Cupcake Inspirations! So glad you joined us!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Colleen Begley said...

I absolutely love this one Christy! The background is fab as is the focal image and the DSP. A really pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Players this week.

stampwithsandy said...

Christy your card is awesome! I love the background. I want to work on my backgrounds a bit more and I've pinned this for future CASing, if you don't mind! So glad you shared with us this week at The Paper Players!

Sandy said...

That leaf card is so pretty in those colors! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges this week.
-Sandy, DT

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card and dimension! Thank you for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations challenge!
Kamila DT

Stampin' Dolce said...

Great card for those colors! I am just catching up on the GDP058 challenge entries. Thank-you for playing along! - Krista Frattin