Monday, August 14, 2017

Golf Cart Tour (Guilin)

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Actually I typed this post up Sunday night because this morning we're taking the hubs to the hopsickle for a pre-op appointment--he has back surgery on Wednesday.  He's in so much pain from his sciatic nerve that Wednesday can't get here fast enough.  I hope that surgery does the trick and he feels a lot better really fast.  I hate seeing him in pain.

Buuuuut you're not here for the not-happy stuff, you're here for a scrapbook layout!  Actually I have two for you today.


You might be able to tell from the lettering template if you've been around here for a while, these pages are from our 2010 China trip.  (See the pictures here.)


Yep, I use the same lettering template on all the China layouts, and accent with Rough Type.  Sometimes I only use one or the other, but most often it's a combination.


And there's the second one.  I don't know why I associate dragonflies with Oriental stuff?  But apparently I do.


Let's talk color!  Today's color palette is Pool Party, Tranquil Tide, Powder Pink, and Whisper White.  Y'all, this is my FAVORITE NEW COLOR COMBINATION ever since I saw it in the SU! catty this summer.  I don't know why but I am in luuuurve with it.  Well, Tranquil Tide is actually my favorite new In Color, I love how it plays nice with pretty much every other color I've put it with and I need to play with it more often.  And guess what...

This is the current color challenge at Just Add Ink.  Technically I made these layouts several weeks ago, so I won't enter them in the challenge, but last night I managed to sneak in a wee bit of stampy time and I made something new for this color challenge that I'll share tomorrow.  Because, as I said, I'm totally in love with it.  A LOT.

Until then, peace out yo!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rough Type, Awesomely Artistic, Artistically Asian
Ink:  Pool Party, Tranquil Tide
Paper:  Pool Party, Tranquil Tide, Powder Pink, Whole Lot of Lovely DSP
Accessories:  Lettering template, Detailed Dragonflies Thinlits

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Seems like dragonflies are in oriental art, aren't they? Love their irredescent wings. But too, they are pretty aggressive. I've actually seen some in the yard this year and Hershey loves to chase them. Cool pictures! And the colors look oriental together to me, too.

CCsMom said...

Good luck to Lee, too. Thinking about you all!