Sunday, August 20, 2017

Thanks Kind-Leaf

Well, I hope you're having a better Sunday morning than Ryan is--the hubs just wipes off the baby's face and Ryan took exception to that :p Tough luck, kiddo.  So anyway, I'm back with another thank you card today!


I used this week's Retro Rubber sketch:


So I've had Vintage Leaves for two years, and One Big Meaning for one.  I thought both of them were older than that.  The speckles on the back are from Magical Mermaid, which I've had for less than a week, but it was on my desk to stamp for my personal stamp catalog and I needed something on the card base so there it goes.  You can't tell from the picture, but I popped up the Whisper White layer on Dimensionals. The Real Red Candy Dots are retired, but I like those better than the enamel shapes SU! has now, and I still have a stash of the Candy Dots so might as well use 'em.

Say hello to the As You See It color challenge:


They called it "Summer Salad" but I made a fall card with it :)  I have a feeling it's going to be fun to make up fall-y color combos with Lemon Lime Twist this year.  I didn't want the leaves to overwhelm the sentiment, so I used sponges to apply ink to the leaf stamps.  Actually I did that for the sentiment too because my Elegant Eggplant ink pad is still way extra juicy.

Muffins just came out of the oven and I think the kiddo is about ready for a nap (uhh, breakfast is late for the parental units today) so that's it for me today.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Vintage Leaves, One Big Meaning, Magical Mermaid
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Real Red, Lemon Lime Twist
Cardstock:  Lemon Lime Twist, Elegant Eggplant, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Dimensionals, retired Candy Dots

6 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

I totally agree with you about candy dots versus enamel shapes. I love the central panel with the leaves and the way you toned the colours down a bit by sponging the ink on. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at both Retro Rubber and As You See It.

Heather Cooper said...

These colours can be overwhelming and I would have thought that gobs of white space was necessary to tone them down, but you have managed to use them in larger quantities in a completely eye-pleasing way! Wow! You have a great eye for design and balance! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at As You See It Challenge!

Jane Knudsen said...

Beautifully done Christy! This was an interesting color combo that you really put together to pack a punch! Love the candy dots! I love enamel ones but really miss the candy dots (I wish they would bring those back!) Thanks for joining us at both Retro Rubber and As You See It!

Christine Traversa said...

Love the design and color scheme here, the way you put it all together is outstanding. The darker color really adds a striking punch. Great card! Thanks for joining the RR challenge!

Claire Grantham said...

Christy, I love your colour combo here. The feathers are absolutely stunning. Thanks for playing along with us again at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Teresa Kline said...

this is awesoem, luv your stamping! I am so glad you played along with the
As you see it!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*