Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Happy to Go Retro

Guess what, y'all?  A while back, my Beach Wedding card was the top pick over at Retro Rubber Challenges, and they asked me to be a guest designer for them!  Wheeeeee!  So here's the new Retro Rubber Challenge:


How pretty is that picture?!  So for my color inspiration, I went with the long-retired Green Galore, a bit of Daffodil Delight, and some Real Red, and came up with this:


Since this is a Retro Rubber card, I've had Petal Prints since 2006 so it's nice and really retro; Yippee-Skippee! is a bit newer and is 3 years old.  The background technique is an old favorite, polished stone with Green Galore and Daffodil Delight ink refills, and then the doily is actually a metallic gold one that I turned over and sponged with Daffodil Delight ink.  For the flower, I inked it up with markers, then misted it with a bit of water to make the colors bleed just a little bit, which helped blend the yellow and red ink on the flower.  I dug some retired Real Red taffeta out of my ribbon stash to finish it off, along with a silver metallic enamel shape on the flower.

So hop on over to Retro Rubber and have a look at some beautiful cards, then give this color inspiration challenge a shot yourself.  It's fun, I promise!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Petal Prints, Yippee-Skippee!
Ink:  Green Galore, Daffodil Delight, Real Red
Paper:  Green Galore, Real Red, Whisper White, Glossy White
Accessories:  metallic doilies, retired Real Red taffeta, Metallic Enamel Shapes, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

Christy, we are so happy to have you as our Guest Designer at Retro Rubber! Your card is gorgeous and picked up the feel and colors of the photo inspiration perfectly. I love that flower which is way before my cardmaking days. Thanks for being with us in the Designer Gallery and hope you will play with us again next time.

CCsMom said...

LOVE the colors! Very nice card. Great job, Kik!

Tanya said...

This is SO pretty!

Jan Clothier said...

I'm so pleased you've joined us as guest designer this week. I always love seeing your cards in our challenges! I think you've aced this one. I love the watercolour treatment you've given the flower and the very cool background you've created. All your items are so retro, they are before my introduction to Stampin' Up. The green colour, I've never heard of. So good to see all these oldies come out to play again.

Katy McGloin said...

Christy, what a fantastic card! I love the watercolor treatment of the flower. And I need to look up your background technique... looks so cool! I am so glad that you joined us this week as our guest designer. Your card showcases the challenge beautifully. (Almost wish that you were adding to the gallery just so that I could give my vote, LOL!) See you next challenge....

Claire Grantham said...

Christy, so awesome to have you as our GDT. I love your card, that flower and sentiment are absolutely lovely and the subtle background really makes the red pop. Hope that we are going to continue to see you in our gallery. Claire DT

creative lady said...

Hi Christy, congrats on being the fav for the last challenge. I love your card, I love all your cards you post in our challenges. Thanks for continuing to play along with us. Your card is beautiful, I love the flowers and the layout of your card. Thanks again for stopping by to play along with the Retro Rubber Challenge.

Christine Traversa said...

So glad you could join us! Lovely card! Great misting technique! Thanks for the inspiration!❤️