Wednesday, May 23, 2018

A Note to Say Hey

Mornin', y'all!  How's your week going so far?

I am still in denial that my fave Orange Blossom is retiring, so here's another Orange Blossom card and I won't even promise it'll be the last one because I love this stamp set.


I was totally inspired by Queen Elizabeth's outfit for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding this past weekend.


Great outfit, Your Highness.  I love the colors!  Speaking of colors, I spy two new shades of purple!  Highland Heather (lighter shade) will be in the Subtles family, and Gorgeous Grape will be in the Brights.  They go pretty well with Lemon Lime Twist, don't you think?  But I like LLT with *lots* of different colors.  Who knew a wild green color like that would play along so well with all the other colors of the rainbow?

I'm entering this in the theme challenge at Global Design Project:


And the CAS challenge at Paper Players:


It was fun building a bit of a bouquet with the stamps this time around.  The largest bloom in the center is popped up on mini Dimensionals.

It is time once again to go running after my tiny spawn.  Ryan is getting into absolutely everything these days, and I swear he's getting taller every night as he sleeps because he can reach more and more stuff.  Gotta make sure he doesn't turn on any of the burners on the stove...Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Orange Blossom
Ink:  Lemon Lime Twist, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Lemon Lime Twist, Gorgeous Grape, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Mini Dimensionals

ETA:  I just found out my Tea-Riffic card from a little while back won the Inkspire Me challenge!  Yay!

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

Coolness!!! I too LOVED the queen's choice in attire for the wedding. I bet the dress underneath her coat is spectacular. You can only see little bits of it. Yay, queen! So many chose to do very pale pastels. I'm into COLOR!!!

LOVED these colors together on your card and the stamp set is sweet. Very nice card.

Now go chase that little one . . . should keep YOU in shape, too!!! Love you!

Jan Clothier said...

LOL - I was thinking of the Queen's outfit when I saw your card then I scrolled down further and saw why! Love the clean lines of this card. The mat and wide showing of the green set off the colours in the flowers perfectly. Thank you for joining us again at The Paper Players.

Annie S. said...

I'm a fan of the color combo and think you nailed the Queen's fashion perfectly! It's a very pretty card and we're glad you joined in the fun over at The Paper Players this week!

laurie said...

I love those colors together too! What a pretty card. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players, so happy you joined our BLOOM challenge!!

ElizStewart said...

Christy... so love your inspiration! I love the Queen's wedding suit (actually loved the whole wedding!). Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Brian King said...

Such perfect inspiration! Great card, Christy! Thanks for playing along with this week's GDP challenge.